The stranding and compacting dies are commonly used for the guidance and the compacting of a wires harness, generally conducting, to usually create an electric cable.
The applications for these types of cables are diverse, energy (LV, MV, HV, UHV…), automotive, submarine, traction and lifting …
They are frequently used for:
- Copper and alloys cables
- Aluminum and alloys cables
- Stainless steel cables
- High performance special alloys cables
- Any ferrous or non-ferrous cables
The Stranding die
The die’s profile harnesses the wires into one (diameter) section cable.
The specific Compacting tie
The die’s profile ensures the compacting of a cable into a smaller diameter.
Liaise with us for the most suitable geometry and diamond type proposal most suitable to your metal to be drawn and the diameter range addressed.
- Best slip coefficient (aluminum cables) and high resistance to wear allow to reduce metal particles fines production and wires cable shaving
- Size preciseness
- Diameter reliability over time
- A better compaction ratio
- Excellent wire and cable surface finish
- Increased lifespan (many times the one of carbide die) and reduction of wire breakages risks for a continuous production
The stranding/compacting diamond dies provide a better production yield than traditional carbide or steel dies.
The Diamcoat® nano-coated diamond dies are also the solution for your wires stranding operations.
Please liaise with us for any request and new projects out of above-mentioned specifications.